CEO + Head Coach Dawn Fletcher
I’m Dawn Fletcher, creator of Driven Mind previously known as Mentality WOD, and your head coach.
I’ve had nearly every job in the fitness industry over the last 15+ years and I’ve coached more than 20 CrossFit Games Athletes, Olympic and National Level Competitors, Marines, Entrepreneurs, Doctors, Coaches and thousands of others to championships and MAJOR life achievements.
As far as I know, I'm the only coach in the world who has a Master’s in Kinesiology with a focus in Sport Psychology, and is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist with a Level 3 CrossFit Certification.
I've been named “1 of The 30 Most Influential Health Bloggers” and this site was recognized as “1 of The Top 5 CrossFit Sites.” Pretty cool huh?
I absolutely love coaching those who are willing to do whatever it takes to become better (sport, fitness, relationships, jobs - all of it)!! Oh, and I dig ice baths and pushing myself too.
- MA Kinesiology, Specialization in Sport and Exercise Psychology
- BA Psychology, Minor in Sport Coaching
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist | National Strength and Conditioning Association
- CrossFit Level 1
- CrossFit Level 2
- CrossFit Level 3
- CrossFit Goal-Setting
- CrossFit Nutrition
- Head Judge, Left Coast Invitational
- Mental Strength Certified Coach
- Played 3 sports in high school
- Played 3 sports in college (track, soccer, basketball)
- Earned a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology and Sport Coaching from McDaniel College in Maryland
- Worked as a personal trainer, college soccer coach and fitness director at a global-gym
- Became a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and discovered CrossFit in late 2007
- Earned a Master's Degree in Kinesiology w/ a specialization in Sport Psychology from San Diego State University in 2010
- Trained individual clients, CrossFit classes, interned at Winning Mind and SDSU's Strength & Conditioning Facility
- Started my own coaching and consulting business
- Created Mentality WOD in 2013
- Became San Diego's first female CF-L3 Coach in 2015
- Rebranded to create Driven Mind in 2020
- Currently seeking as many new challenges and experiences as possible (recently went skydiving, completed my first adventure race, swam 1 mile across a channel in the bay, fasted for 72 hours...)