Quality sleep is imperative if you want to improve your mindset, performance and overall health.
You can’t be the best version of you if you’re tired, sluggish, dependent on caffeine or other stimulants, unfocused, lethargic, anxious, or stressed. Getting adequate, restful sleep has to be a priority if you want to make positive changes in your fitness and life.
I recently started sleeping on a tomorrow sleep Mattress, and using the Tomorrow Sleep, Sleep Tracker Data to help me get even better zzzs. I can’t believe how comfortable the medium-firm version of this hybrid mattress is! I thought I was sleeping well before, but I feel even better when I wake up after a night on this new mattress.
Here are 5 tips
1. Get a bed that you LOVE being in. Get the comfiest, most supportive mattress than you can afford. You spend over 45 hours a week in it, and it has a huge influence on your health, so invest in it. Purchase bedding that feels amazing and pillows that are like clouds to you. I like to create a bedroom space that’s simple, comfortable, uncluttered and calming.
2. Track it. For 2 weeks, record how many hours of sleep you get each morning and track it on a calendar or in a note pad. The Tomorrow Sleep, SleepTracker Monitor will help you create more awareness about your sleep patterns and habits, so that you can make the necessary changes to improve it.
3. Commit to a schedule. Get yourself to bed within 30 minutes of the same time each night, and get out of bed within 30 minutes of the same time each morning. You may even want to set an alert that goes of, reminding you it’s bed time.
4. Create a routine. Within an hour of when you want to be asleep, try doing the same things each night. Change, brush your teeth, light a candle, put your electronics away (seriously, turn your phone on silent, flip it over or put that shit in a drawer or on the other side of the room) then read, mediate pray, snuggle or listen to music.
5. Darken your room! Use darkening curtains and get all lights and electronics off or out of your view. It’s best to not have any extra light, or stimulation at least 30 minutes before bed.
Ever since I started using this mattress, I can’t wait to get to bed at my 9 o’clock bedtime. I get cozy and find myself drifting off in no time. I highly suggest upgrading to a mattress that feels great to you, and helps you feel rested and restored in the AM.
If you don’t feel like you’re able to push as hard as you’d like, or if you’re struggling to stay motivated, focused or consistent, then take a look at your sleep habits and focus on improving them with these tips. There is nothin’ more important than getting quality rest in a bed that you absolutely love.
Comment below with what works for you.
Check out the tomorrow sleep mattress HERE